We are all aware that circumstances may arise where a client wishes to express an opinion, seek clarification of an issue or simply inform us of expectations which were not met. Our Directors will take client complaints as a serious reflection on our standard of service and will attempt to personally resolve all issues. Where necessary a written reply or explanation will be provided to any client.
The steps to lodge a complaint are:
- Contact your adviser and tell your adviser about your complaint.
- If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved within 5 days, please contact Mr Roger Potter on (02) 9300 3000 or put your complaint in writing and send it to us at PO Box R896, Royal Exchange, Sydney, NSW, 1225.
- We will try and resolve your complaint quickly and fairly. Your complaint will be acknowledged within 5 working days of receipt. We will formally respond to your complaint, including our determination, within 45 days of receipt.
- If you are not satisfied with our final response, you may lodge a complaint:
- with the Financial Ombudsman Service Australia if lodged before 1 November 2018:
- with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority if lodged on or after 1 November 2018:
Time limits may apply to complain to FOS or AFCA consequently you should act promptly or otherwise consult the FOS and AFCA websites to find out if or when the time limit relevant to your circumstances expires
The Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) also has a free call Info line on 1300 300 630 which you may use to make a complaint or obtain information about your rights.